Information and Communications Technology
“Information technology and business are becoming inextricably interwoven. I don't think anybody can talk meaningfully about one without talking about the other.”
Information, Communications and Telecommunications has been a key sector for ASTEC for over 25 years and inevitably a prominent sector in business globally. Initially concentrating on Telecoms, while part of the Irish national operator Telecom Eireann (Eircom), ASTEC covers all the built-in aspects of a telecoms operation – finance, marketing, networks, IT, regulation etc.
ASTEC's highly skilled and experienced experts and management team have allowed the firm to provide independent advice and training in IT and Telecommunications across the globe. This expertise is clearly evident from their selection as a Framework Contractor for the EU where they provide global services to Europe, including accession and pre-accession states, Middle East, Asia, Africa & the Americas.
ASTEC Services for ICT4D include:
- Monitoring and evaluation, including impact, efficiency and sustainability of present IT systems and aid in the future development of IT through the use of needs assessment, benchmarking, feasibility studies to name but a few
- Design and development of Management Information Systems, Portals, data warehousing for all sectors
- Design of ICT policies, including national policies and strategies for local governments, ministries and private sector clients alike
- E-Government consulting and development
- Project Management
- Telecommunications includes regulation, media, specifications, procurement, feasibility studies, design of networks, strategic planning, TETRA, digital networks and all other relevant areas of telecommunications
- ICT capacity building and skills development, including development of e-learning, training and knowledge transfer materials, systems and courses